Fit to Fly Covid-19 RT-PCR Home Test Kit
in partnership with HCA Laboratories
For Standard test please click here.
‣ Covid-19 RT-PCR Home test kit suitable for international travel
‣ Simple and gentle lower nasal and throat swab
‣ Analysis by an accredited laboratory open 24/7 including bank holidays
‣ Results within 24-48 hours of us receiving your sample.
‣ Documentation sent by secure email includes official pathology report accepted by major airlines.
‣ Dedicated Customer Service Team on hand to help. On placement of order you will be contacted by our team to confirm your fit to fly requirements.
Please note: this test is NOT for Day 2 and Day 8 tests or Test to Release.
We highly recommend selecting the express return to Laboratory option at the checkout.
This test is processed by HCA Laboratories: an accredited laboratory, based in central London, reporting thousands of tests daily for GP surgeries, hospitals and other clients across the UK.
The laboratory is part of HCA Healthcare, one of the largest providers of private healthcare in the country. So, as well as working with third party clients, the lab teams carry out tests for world-famous HCA hospitals such as The Portland, The Princess Grace, The Harley Street Clinic and London Bridge Hospital.
5 Simple Steps for completing the Test
ORDER THE RT-PCR HOME TEST KIT
TAKE THE RT-PCR SWAB TEST
RETURN YOUR SAMPLE
WAIT WHILE OUR LAB PARTNER IS PROCESSING YOUR RESULTS
RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS and the Official pathology report by email WITHIN 24 to 48 hours
Covid-19 RT-PCR Testing
Our Covid-19 Home Test Kit is a RT- PCR Test, and suitable for most travel requirements, however please check government advice and take note of both information provided by your airline and your destination’s country requirements.
Your results will be sent to you by email and include an official pathology report from HCA Laboratories.
‣ 1 plastic tube (vial) with patient detail label attached
‣ 1 dry swab
‣ 1 sealable plastic bag
‣ 1 biohazard bag with silver seal
‣ 1 absorbent sheet
‣ 1 box and security seal
‣ 1 patient details form
‣ 1 booklet
‣ 1 return envelope
‣ Wash your hands thoroughly before handling contents of this kit.
‣ The swab should be taken on the person to whom this pack is addressed only.
‣ If you need support in taking the swab there are instructions provided for someone to assist you.
‣ Do not administer this test to any patient under the age of 5 years.
We highly recommend selecting express return to Laboratory option at the checkout.
How to complete the Covid-19 Home Test
1. WASH YOUR HANDS
Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
2. Unpack your kit
Check if your kit contains all items
3. FIND YOUR TONSILS
Use a mirror to find your tonsils. Alternatively, if your tonsils have been removed find where your tonsils would have been.
4. BLOW YOUR NOSE
Blow your nose gently and cough into a tissue, then throw the tissue away in a bin.
5. OPEN THE SWAB PACKAGE
Be careful not to touch the soft end of the swab on anything except for your tonsils or nose when completing the test.
6. Complete the throat swab
Holding the swab in your hand, open your mouth and gently rub the swab over your tonsils and back of your throat for 10 seconds, then remove from the back of your throat. Looking in a mirror to help you do this.
7. Complete the nasal swab
Place the same end of the same swab gently into your nostril approximately 1 inch (2.5cm), or until you feel resistance. Rotate the swab for 15 seconds and slowly remove it. Using the same swab, repeat for second nostril.
8. Place the swab in the vial
Place the swab in the plastic vial with the fabric tip facing down. Snap off the other end of the swab so that it fits into the vial. Place the lid back on the vial and ensure it is fastened. Please make sure you assign the label with patient details to the tube.
Returning the Sample
1. Place the plastic vial AND THE ABSORBANT SHEET into the sealable plastic bag.
2. Place the plastic bag inside the biohazard bag AND Seal the biohazard bag.
3. Place the biohazard bag and the patient request form inside the box and seal it with the security seal. Place the box in the return envelope.
Please note this test is NOT for use for Day 2 and Day 8 Tests or Test to Release.
Still have questions?
Our Covid-19 Home Test Kit is a RT- PCR Test, and suitable for international travel requirements, however please check government advice and take note of both information provided by your airline and your destination’s country requirements.
Your results will be sent to you by secure email and include an official pathology report from HCA Laboratories, with your personal and pasport details and the date and time when your swab test was taken.
The test has a higher than 98% accuracy rate and is carried by our accredited partner laboratory.
- A sample is taken with a swab of the inside of your nose and the back of your throat.
- That sample is sent to a laboratory to check if coronavirus is present.
- You will be informed within 24 to 48 hours about the outcome of the test.
We highly recommend selecting express return to Laboratory option at the checkout, which will ensure that you kit is couriered back to the lab next day guaranteed.
The results are available within 24-48 hours of us receiving your sample.
You'll receive an official pathology report in order to fly by secure email.
There are two types of result you can get:
- -Not Detected
The RT-PCR test contains:
• 1 plastic tube (vial) with patient detail label attached
• 1 dry swab
• 1 sealable plastic bag
• 1 biohazard bag with silver seal
• 1 absorbent sheet
• 1 box and security seal
• 1 patient details form
• 1 booklet
• 1 return envelope
This test requires a combined nose and throat swab using a flocked oral swab returned to the labs in the tube provided.
The sample is only viable for a couple of days on the specialised swabs so we recommend that you return the sample to the lab as quickly as possible after swabbing.
Reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis is the gold-standard for COVID-19 detection, confirming the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a sample.
This test only indicates whether you have a current COVID-19 infection. It does NOT test for antibodies and can not indicate whether you have been infected previously.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
A negative result means the test did not find coronavirus in the sample submitted.
You do not need to self-isolate if your test is negative, as long as:
- - everyone you live with who has symptoms tests negative
- - everyone in your support bubble who has symptoms tests negative
- - you were not told to self-isolate for 14 days by NHS Test and Trace – if you were, see what to do if you've been told you've been in contact with someone who has coronavirus
- - you feel well – if you feel unwell, stay at home until you’re feeling better
If you have diarrhoea or you’re being sick, stay at home until 48 hours after they've stopped.
A positive result means you had coronavirus when the test was done.
If your test is positive, you must self-isolate immediately.
- - If you had a test because you had symptoms, keep self-isolating for at least 10 days from when your symptoms started.
- - If you had a test but have not had symptoms, self-isolate for 10 days from when you had the test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must self-isolate for 14 days from when you start self-isolating.
You can also access a private GP services, however these will incur an additional cost.
Read more information here: https://www.hcahealthcare.co.uk/our-services/primary-care/gp-services
The test should not be administered to any patient under the age of 5 years.
The kits can last 2 years unopened.
Keeping your data secure is important to us. Globally Digital Ltd t/a NA Healthcare are registered with the ICO.
All data submitted via our website is encrypted during transmission and only shared with our laboratories partner (HCA Laboratories) and our distribution warehouse.